I've rounded up some ideas for gifts for children who like photography, or who you would like to share your love of photography with! I've tried to include something for all ages - hopefully you will see something that you like….
1. Photojojo!: Insanely Great Photo Projects and DIY Ideas For older children (or crafty adults) this is a great book to give you some fun ideas of what you can do with your images, either as a shared project with younger kids, or soemthing they can do on their own
2. Nikon COOLPIX Waterproof Digital CameraThis is the one I am thinking of getting for my son this year, it's shockproof and waterproof, so pretty much childproof. Great for children just starting to want to use their own camera beyond the toy versions.
3. Creativity For Kids It's My Life Scrapbook KitI thought this was a fun idea - a scrapbook kit for kids so they can document their lives and use images either from you or ones they have taken themselves.
4. VTech Kidizoom Camera Connect We got this camera three years ago now and it is still going strong despite several knocks! It's a lot of fun for kids around 3 years old.
5. Bigshot DIY Do It Yourself Digital Camera KitThis is definitely one for older kids or teenagers - build your own digital camera! Expensive, but a great idea. If you like the idea but want something cheaper, you can build your own film cameras too, like this one - Lomography Do-It-Yourself 35mm Film SLR Camera Kit
6. Camera Onesie - For the babies! There is a lot of cute stuff on Etsy.
Personally, I'm loving the idea of the scrapbooks for kids - what a great way to get them interested in photography, and understanding why you have a camera trained on them all day!